- Where were you born and raised? Warrior, Alabama
- What branch of military did you serve in? U. S. Navy
- How many years did you serve in the military? 28 years (1977 – 2005)
- What made you decide to join the military? “I chose to join the military to avoid teenage mischief, get away from home and have an opportunity to establish a meaningful career.”
- What was your job in the military? “Command Master Chief. I was the senior enlisted person onboard the ship responsible for the training and development of all enlist and junior officers”.
- What commands were you assigned to?
- USS Berkeley (DDG I5)
- USS Elliot (DD 967)
- USS Bristol County (LST 1198)
- USS Rentz (FFG 46)
- USS Peleliu (LHA 5)
- USS Whidbey Island (LSD 41)
- What is your most memorable moment in the military?
“I had the honor of being a part of Stability Operations aboard USS Peleliu in 1999 supporting humanitarian efforts in East Timor to combat genocide and ethnic cleansing.”
- How did the military benefit you personally and professionally?
“The military gave him an opportunity to have a career serving my country and provided me with leadership skills. More important, while serving I met my lovely wife.”
- What is your favorite quote (if any)?
“Every day is a holiday, every meal is a feast, and every muster a family reunion.”
- How has the military help prepare you for your position with Eggleston?
“The organizational, leadership and management skills I developed while in the Navy enables me to perform my duties as Eggleston’s Government Contract Manager and the opportunity to continue to serve others”