Let’s Keep Growing so we can support and empower ALL of our neighbors with disabilities and their families.
This year through Give Local 757, we are utilizing the power of philanthropy to keep growing and meeting the needs of adults with disabilities in our community and their families. Last year, we raised over $10,000, and this year we hope to build on that success.
Did you know…
- There is a higher unemployment rate for adults with disabilities? Eggleston helps individuals navigate the process to finding quality employment that fits their needs. Having a job can provide much more than an income- it helps with relationship building and gives a sense of worth.
- An estimated 75% of Virginians with intellectual or other developmental disabilities reside with a family caregiver, and of those 75%, an estimated 23% reside with an aging caregiver. Eggelston’s mission empowers people with disabilities and their family caregivers in their daily lives . Through residential support services, brain injury services and day programming, Eggleston’s mission maximizes the independence of adults with disabilities while assisting families by providing quality engagement and loving care.
How to support Eggleston for Give Local 757:
- Mark your calendar to donate on May 11, 2021 at https://www.givelocal757.org/organizations/eggleston
- Start your own fundraiser and invite your friends, family, or coworkers to make a gift. You can use Facebook or the Give Local 757 peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
- Spread the word by sharing our social media posts now through May 11th.
Why donate through Give Local 757? Give Local 757 is a community-wide day of giving, and by donating at givelocal757.org on May 11th, you can help Eggleston win bonus prizes throughout the day to further our impact in the community.
Please contact Danielle Cronin Nance at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.