Name: ABE (AW) Eddie Witkowski
- Where were you born and raised?
Born in the Bronx, NY and raised in Hollywood, FL.
- In what branch of the military did you serve?
- How many years did you serve in the military?
From: 1997 – To: 2017
- What made you decide to join the military?
I wanted to get away from home and experience the world.
- What was your job in the military?
The safe launch and recovery of combat aircraft such as F14 Tomcats & F18 Hornets.
- What commands were you assigned to?
I made 10 deployments aboard USS Harry S. Truman, USS Theodore Roosevelt, USS John F. Kennedy, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, USS John C. Stennis, USS Enterprise
- What is your most memorable moment in the military?
The feeling of reconnecting with family after a long deployment
- How did the military benefit you personally and professionally?
Personally, it made me grow up because of the positions of leadership I was exposed to. Professionally it equipped me with the knowledge and skills I use in my current position as Production Supervisor.
- What is your favorite quote (if any)?
Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
- Other info you would like to share/hobbies?
Eddie professes he is the ultimate die-hard Miami Hurricane fan
- What do you like about being part of the Eggleston family?
I enjoy witnessing the personal and professional growth of the associates I serve in our laundry division. Although I no longer wear the military uniform I still actively lead and support.
Each quarter we will highlight one of our veteran employees and showcase the value they bring to our organization.
Our Warrior Bridge Program helps connect veterans to employment within Eggleston and across Hampton Roads.
For more information on how you can help us support local veterans visit our Warrior Bridge page: https://www.egglestonservices.org/careers/warrior-bridge/
or call Tim Giles at 757-858-8011.