Name: ABE (AW) Eddie Witkowski
- Where were you born and raised?
Born in the Bronx, NY and raised in Hollywood, FL.
- In what branch of the military did you serve?
- How many years did you serve in the military?
From: 1997 – To: 2017
- What made you decide to join the military?
I wanted to get away from home and experience the world.
- What was your job in the military?
The safe launch and recovery of combat aircraft such as F14 Tomcats & F18 Hornets.
- What commands were you assigned to?
I made 10 deployments aboard USS Harry S. Truman, USS Theodore Roosevelt, USS John F. Kennedy, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, USS John C. Stennis, USS Enterprise
- What is your most memorable moment in the military?
The feeling of reconnecting with family after a long deployment
- How did the military benefit you personally and professionally?
Personally, it made me grow up because of the positions of leadership I was exposed to. Professionally it equipped me with the knowledge and skills I use in my current position as Production Supervisor.
- What is your favorite quote (if any)?
Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
- Other info you would like to share/hobbies?
Eddie professes he is the ultimate die-hard Miami Hurricane fan
- What do you like about being part of the Eggleston family?
I enjoy witnessing the personal and professional growth of the associates I serve in our laundry division. Although I no longer wear the military uniform I still actively lead and support.