Director of Development – Eggleston
For more than 60 years, Eggleston has created education, training and employment for persons with disabilities. Eggleston is currently seeking applicants for a full time Director of Development. The Director of Development, part of the senior management team and reporting to the CEO, is responsible for the successful planning and execution of strategic annual and Foundation development plans, ensuring optimal resources to serve the mission, programs and operations of Eggleston and the Eggleston Foundation. From strategizing to implementation, the Director of Development will need management and communication skills, the ability to shepherd a targeted effort within a larger and more complex organization, and the operational skills that ensure tactical project management.
- Create development plans that support the revenue needs that serve Eggleston’s programs and population served.
- Coordinate all day-to-day fundraising operations including all annual fund processes, gift administration, events, external communications with donors and prospects.
- Manage donor and prospect information. Utilize donor database software to track gifts and pledges.
- Identify, develop and cultivate partnerships with potential supporters, sponsors and donors, for the Eggleston Annual Fund and the Eggleston Foundation.
- Build the Eggleston Foundation and planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts and capital projects.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Foundation Board to create and instill a culture of philanthropy within leadership structures.
- Assess, clarify and validate donor needs and recommend opportunities for relationship building with existing donors, sponsors and loyal Eggleston supporters.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals and corporations to insure financial support including attending major gift solicitation calls.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee all fundraising collateral, maintain a mission-driven message with donors and supporters that communicates current metrics defining their impact.
- Implement marketing and communications strategy as it relates to the organization’s fundraising goals, in coordination with the Director of Marketing.
- Coordinate fund raising special events, including but not limited to annual fundraiser, donor awards, bi-monthly prospecting luncheons. Maintain donor recognition program.
- Bachelor’s degree or above is required.
- Development experience of 5+ years of increased responsibilities, with demonstrated success in securing annual, major and endowment gifts.
- Proven managerial effectiveness and leadership skills required.
- Special consideration will be given to candidate with the CFRE designation.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to think critically and plan long-term regarding varied revenue streams.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven experience in fundraising management to include donor management and online giving software systems.
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience preferred.
- Director of Development must be highly self-motivated and work well independently, while also working in tandem with other department directors and the executive team.
- Demonstrated successful project leadership experience that includes planning, implementing, managing and evaluation.
- Director of Development is a strong, collaborative and energetic individual with seasoned fundraising skills who will demonstrate a knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
It is important for a candidate to feel a commitment to Eggleston’s mission of empowering persons with disabilities. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, warmly develops relationships with diverse constituencies, and simultaneously employs keen judgment and has the best opportunity for success. This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should click here to apply on line. Position will remain open until filled. Pre-employment drug testing, clearance through criminal background investigation, and acceptable driving record required.
E.O.E. M/F/Disabled/Vet/Affirmative Action Employer -does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, and membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, protected veteran status or other non-merit factor.